Friday, July 25, 2008

A Brave New World?

There's nothing quite like jet lag to inspire a girl, is there?



As a device, the blog panders to my creative self-indulgences more than I'd like to admit, although there I go admitting it anyhow...



In any case, this shall be a fun little experiment and certainly quite enjoyable for me. I've read a few other bloggers first entries (dear Emily's exquisite Thoughts and Biro Sketches springs to mind) to see what one's introduction to blogspot is supposed to say, and for all intents and purposes mine shall be a sort of mission statement.



... or perhaps a lack thereof.



Pictures, maybe? Of flowers and fruit and frolicking people - I worship nature and I like to express that whenever I can.



Sometimes it will be a day-to-day diary, a train-of-thought exploration of some bit of university work I need to tuck into perhaps (that could actually be classed as productive!) but most of all I'd like to document the creative things I do and hopefully get some feedback. I love music and the theatre, but unfortunately for my inner prima donna, I seem to have more skill in an off-stage role. Therefore, a lot of my writing will be in relation to performance and design.



Oh, and it's odds-on that long diatribes will be frequent, as I can't seem to help myself, especially after an unagreeable experience on public transport or other demonstration of epic state government failure.



And if anyone is wondering about the slightly wacky name I've christened my blog with, it's named for something truly wonderful I once saw in a naturalist magazine. If you look at a rainbow from the stratosphere, it looks completely round, like a ring. I always found that a charmingly whimsical fact, so it stuck in my head tonight.



On a completely separate note, a good summer's day in London is sublime... I will miss the isle very much.


3 comments:

Emma said...

Welcome to a world of procrastination unlike anything you have ever known. And I love that I'm first to comment on your blog!
I always love picking up new blogs to subscribe to so consider yourself added to my trusty google reader. Emily's blog is lovely isn't it... It makes me want to be crafty, but then I've posted on why that will never work.
Anyway, welcome back to the colony and I look forward to your perfectly punctuated perspective!

emilyclare said...

a blog! a blog! *beams* needless to say I think they are fabulous time-wasting-outlets where you actually come up with a lot of good ideas and form wonderful online relationships (wasn't trying to make that sound seedy).. and echoing Emma entirely; you my darling, are going on the daily blog peruse.
xx
(ps love the photos)

Unknown said...

i dont know if you even check this any more.

you inspire me.


have an amazing life.

xoxo