Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday in Pictures



The bougainvillea says good morning to the sun. Now that is a real blue sky.




It's nice and warm in the sunny morning air.




My ploughman's brunch: cheese toasted sandwich, pickled gherkins, pickled onions, cherry tomatoes, cheddar slices, strawberries and orange juice.




Yes, orange juice. Very high in vitamin C. Waking up before midday is thirsty work!

Oh dear. I have a bit of tidying to do in my room.



Three hours later, clothes are hung and books are neatly ordered on my shelf. Only the best books get this honour, as space is limited (the rest are in piles in a cupboard nearby).



So maybe I didn't do much but sit in the sunlight and clean my room, but I'm still tired. And looking very forward to a good night's sleep with Stella (left) and Bugsy (right... my puppy Rufus seems to have vanished beneath the covers).


I hope Monday brings you some joy, despite the Monday-ness of it.

2 comments:

emilyclare said...

wooo ploughmans brunch looks scrumptious! You know me and my breakfast... personally I say that we stage a wonderful brunch on campus one morning? And we'll bring some urns of tea (or raid the women's room for boiling water) and have some delicious foodstuff... And I too sleep with my beloved Frida (and sometimes screamy monkey, perriwinkle pig, bimbow (a mermiad), or my sus looking rag doll that looks like Helena Bonham Carter... but you look so adorable all snuggled up like that.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

that looks like a wonderful brunch - I would prefer without the pickles and onions, though.