Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Beautiful Things...

My birthday has just recently celebrated it's 19th year of being held on Christmas Eve.
I had a lovely couple of days for my birthday and then Christmas, and got some really lovely thoughtful gifts.
I was really very spoiled, as you can see...
My mother and father, who have proved that they know me better than anyone, gave me the MOST AMAZING THING - Harry Potter Cluedo. Oh my GOODNESS. What a game. I forced my siblings and poor Roman into about five games of it on my birthday and another one on Christmas Day. My brother gave me the DVD of The Golden Compass, and my sister a Discworld novel and a beautiful silver bookmark crowned with a beautiful silver rose.
My good friend Cecilia gave me the two funny little critters you see in the top right hand corner, one of which is a malleable little Ernie-bag, the other of which is a purple bee candle which I cannot bring myself to light - it's too cute!

I got three awesome books, one about the history of Greenpeace, an organisation that I'm an active part of, the discworld novel I mentioned earlier, and most excitingly my Christmas present from Roman, a in interesting book called Handmade Nation, about the rise of the Handmade movement in the U.S., which is absolutely fascinating.

I got the looongest necklace I've ever seen from my dear mum.

A pretty treble-clef pendant, for my muso cred. Hehe.

And most excitingly, this beautiful beautiful little creature from the lovely Plume's Etsy shop. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever owned, the craftsmanship is amazing, and I haven't taken it off except to shower since I put it on that morning. It was very sneakily purchased by my darling Roman after I had expressed an almost obsessive longing for the shiny shiny thing. Thank you Roman, and thank you Jillian! I have never seen its equal.

I hope you all had merry merry Christmases or other holidays, and I hope you have exciting plans for the new year.

1 comment:

emilyclare said...

Happy Birthday my dear! It looks like you had a really lovely day... that necklace is marvellously long; and my, how special is that Plume necklace - truly, truly. I can't wait to see it on your beautiful self!