Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday in Pictures

Sunday began with tea, ricotta and jam toast, and a plum.

... sitting across from lovely Roman as he reads his paper (such a ritual ever since he got a free student subscription!)


Then we went to Manly, which I must say is not my favourite part of the east coast, but the light was just perfect on the almost-stormy summer day.

There's something very theraputic about the rocking of the waves as they come in, something so lovely and complimentary in the steely blue ocean against the frothy white foam...

I followed my lover over the rocks...
(feeling like some sort of amphibious fairy girl as I hopped over the wet stones)
I reminded my darling how silly and sweet he makes me feel by writing our names into the sand... it really was a very perfect little adventure for young lovers.

There is a certain aesthetic poetry in the lines and contours one finds at the cusp of earth and sea, I think.

Whether they're man-made...
..natural...
... or a crystalline mixture of both.

One finds all sorts of treasures at the seaside.
And some fascinating little creatures in its rock pools.

For me, there is nowhere like the coastline. It's the perfect place to sit and contemplate your next move...

.. or simply to gaze out at the supreme majesty of God's creation.

4 comments:

emilyclare said...

a beautiful adventure Miss Caitlin, your reflections are inspiring, and its hard not to smile after seeing this...

Ailin said...

mmmmm i love going to the seaside too, and i must say manly is one of my favourites. Looks like you had a fun and lovely day.

Caitlin Kenny said...

Thank you my dears - I wouldn't blame you if you were bored of me rhapsodising about the ocean...

Genevieve said...

No, that was the Bronte pool! I love it. :)

Oh, i love sea glass but never seem to find any. I wonder if i have to go to the Northern Beaches to look for some.