Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lazy Delicacies

I love good food but I never seem to have any time to make anything truly exquisite. At some point in my life (probably when I've retired and my hands are too arthritic for knitting) I will reach Emily's dizzyingly Nigella-esque culinary heights, but for now I am content to share with you my favourite quick (i.e. lazy) delicacies.


1. Eton Mess

Ingredients:
Fresh strawberries
Merangue
Pouring cream

Method:
Slice up the strawberries and line the bottom of a bowl
Crush up the merangue and scatter it over the strawberries
Pour the cream liberally over the whole lot and dig in with a spoon, not a fork.




2. Ploughman's Lunch

Ingredients:
Lovely thick sourdough bread
Olive butter
Vintage cheddar
Pickled onions
Pickled gherkins
Cherry tomatoes
A pink lady apple
Fresh strawberries

Method:
Toast the bread, spread the olive butter on it, cut up all the rest of the ingredients and whack them on a plate. Serve with a big class of orange juice and enjoy.







No comments: